Anya's ghost is a graphic novel by Vera Brosgol. Anya's ghost begins with Anya's mom cooking a Russian dish called СЫрники which is cheesecake in english. Anya hears what they are having for breakfast and say "СЫрники is so greasy, cant we just have some low fat pop-tarts." Her little brother comes in and says "I love СЫрники." In reply Anya says he can have hers. Anya's mom believes there is nothing wrong with being a little fat. "back in Russia being fat meant you were a fat rich man" said Anya's mom...."I don't think american boys go for girls that look like rich men" said Anya....Anya gets mad at her friend Siobhan. She walks into the forest thinking about what just happened and winds up in a well. She sits in the well with a ghost who she doesn't even know the name of and the ghost help her escape the well. One of the bones from the ghost got into Anya's bag and now helps her cheat through all her classes. I would love a friend like that. So far thats all I've gotten up to can't wait to tell all you readers what is coming up next in Anya's Ghost.
This book sounds really good i love ghost stories! I'm just curious was she doing bad in her classes before? and why did her and her friend get in s fight?
ReplyDelete