Friday, March 15, 2013

Robert Frost The Road Not Taken


    I just read the poem "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost. In the poem the author want the reader to know that when he reached crossroads in his life, he chose a path, but is certainhe wonder where the other road would have taken him.
    In the first stanza to speaker comes to the lines "two roads divereged in a yellow wood," and he needs to make a decision on which road to take.In the second stanza when looking at the paths he discovers that each road "had worn them really the same," showing that there really wasn't a difference between the two roads, perhaps because he really didn't know what each road held.In the last stanza the speaker tell the reader with a "sigh" that he "took the one less travaled by." We know that both of these roads were the same. so we can infer that the speaker wanted his life to be more corgeous and independent.
    In life everyone has to make decision starting at one point in my life. I satrted making my decicion at the age of 5 deciding who would get me in trouble at school or wouldn't. It is reasonable that some of these decions are hard and difficult to make. Some we will regret even making them, but we have to learn to live with the choices we make.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you described the poem, it was quick and to the point, saying how Frost had reached crossroads in life. you also included the word 'infer' which I haven't seen anyone else do yet, and that was interesting. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I like your first decision :P Even though there was a mistake ( you said want reader to know instead of wants the reader to know) you did a great job on post, so good job

    ReplyDelete